Several months ago, we published a tentative playbill format for this first full season. Due to lack of membership at this time, we have decided to limit our commitments to three (3) one act plays, to be presented sometime in July/August 2014.
We continue to hold open auditions and readings of several plays that our members have put forward.
We are still looking for volunteer actors.
Open readings/auditions will be held on:
Saturday May 17th – 3:30pm to 5:00pm (Lot 124)
Sunday May 18th – 3:30pm to 5pm (Lot 124)
Please come. No obligations. Reading out loud is a lot of fun. Try it.
BIG NEWS and thank you to Bare Necessities!
Our final commitment for this season is another presentation of TVM (The Vagina Monologues) using the 2015 V-Day script (to be published).
We will be holding auditions for female naturist actors who are interested in participating in this upcoming production.
Unlike the open auditions, this one will be by appointment only and must entail some preparation by the actor. A panel of Bare Oaks Players members as well as the producer, will be present.
Here are the requirements:
- Must contact Bare Oaks Players via email to book a 30 minute appointment
- Must have a 3-5 minute monologue prepared, not from TVM
- Must be prepared to commit to 1 weekly rehearsal, to be held at Bare Oaks Family Naturist Park starting in Sept 2014
- Must be committed to perform Feb 12 thru Feb 21, 2015 and travel (cruise)
- Must be able to cover own expenses related to travelling to/from venue. Food and accommodation will be provided by Bare Necessities once onboard
- Must have a valid passport
- Must be a naturist
- Must be willing to sign a waiver, allowing the producer to use photos related to promoting the V-Day 2015 event
- Must be willing to prepare and participate in V-Day workshops during the 4 “at sea” days during the voyage
- If you have not guessed, the venue will be on board the Celebrity Constellation – French Virgin Islands.
Friday May 30th – 7pm to 9pm
Wednesday June 4th – 7pm to 9pm
Friday June 6th – 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Call back, if required
Thank you all for your input and votes against the 7 logos published.
Based on the feedback, we have modified it to include an Oak leaf and the inclusion of the Tragedy/Comedy masks, denoting that we are a theatre troupe.
A rough image is depicted below.
We are now seeking a graphic artist that can enhance the colours, image, font, dimensions, etc… and achieve end state.
If you know someone that can help, jump in.
We would like to start using it on all our material/publication, starting early June 2014.
Our wish list
We are still working on possibly merging some theatre with the Bare Bistro – as a dinner/theatre concept. If you have any ideas, please let us know.
We are still mulling the idea of running theatre workshops. Standby for more details.